Finance and Risk management
The Finance Unit operates in accordance with the Australian Accounting Standards to provide comprehensive financial management to the organisation and reporting to all stakeholders. Our aims are to:
- Remain solvent and financially accountable.
- Maintain financial accounts in line with Australian accounting standards, the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 and related regulations.
- Ensure total integrity of all accounting processes.
- Ensure salaries and allowances are processed in the time without error and in line with approved delegations.
- Review and control the annual budget having regard to Board and departmental requirements.
- Provide financial reports within agreed time lines to the Board and state and commonwealth agencies.