Yarning Over Lunch
The purpose of ‘Yarning Over Lunch’ is to provide a culturally appropriate meeting place for the local Aboriginal community that supports the following values and outcomes:
- Each person and family is acknowledged, valued and celebrated.
- New learning opportunities are provided.
- Appropriate parent-child interaction is modelled.
- Community involvement and contribution is encouraged.
- Caregivers/parents are assisted and encouraged in their caring role.
- Community members are heavily involved in the direction of the program.
- Local services can regularly interact with community members.
The program is provided in Drouin and includes meals for participants, a pre-school program provided by a librarian, and presentations from local services.
If you require further information or would like to attend these sessions, telephone Wanjana Lidj on (03) 5133 8200.