The Key Selection Criteria must be addressed for applications to be accepted
closing date: 4th January 2019
Key Selection Criteria
- Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people
- Demonstrated ability in managing a range of internal and external relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills of a high standard
- Maintain accurate and concise administrative and reporting requirements to ensure that key reporting milestones are able to be met.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to issues that arise within the community or workplace using community development principles
Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation (RDAC) is seeking an engaging person to join our family service’s team located in Morwell, Victoria. The Wanjana Lidj team is responsible for providing Aboriginal families with programs and activities that will promote a stable nurturing environment for children, meet their needs, and strengthen their ability to care for children.
This position will support the facilitation of the Gippsland Children and Schooling project for Aboriginal children in Wellington, in partnership with Uniting Gippsland. This position will work closely with the Gippsland Children and Schooling Project Links worker from Uniting Gippsland to enhance and support the capacity of RDAC to deliver community development programs such as Families and Schools Together (FAST) and the Journey to Big School, into the future. The position will also facilitate the participation of Aboriginal children and families in early years services across Wellington including supported playgroups, kindergartens and schools. The position will facilitate a ‘Swimming to School’ transition group for local Aboriginal families at a Sale location in partnership with community and key partner agencies. The facilitation role will involve enabling referral pathways and support networks that will strengthen child development and preparedness for the school system.