Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation (RDAC) was established as an Aboriginal Community Controlled organisation in 1992 to improve the social, health and economic outcomes for Aboriginal people living in the Gippsland region of Victoria. RDAC is now a leading provider of primary health care and related social and family support services to Aboriginal people and communities across Gippsland. Our services are provided in the Gippsland locations of Sale and Morwell including: comprehensive primary health care, family and community service programs.
About the role
As Ramahyuck’s new full time General Practitioner you will utilise your skills and experience to provide best practice primary healthcare to our patients within the clinic and at times in the patient’s home.
The provision of care will be in accordance with generally accepted practices and procedures as determined by appropriate authorities from time to time, for example, but not limited to, the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, the National Health and Medical Research Council.
Ramahyuck strongly encourages a team approach to patient management encompassing mutual respect of all staff involved in patient care, including reception, nursing, Aboriginal Health Practitioners and management who all contribute to the health and well-being of our patients.
What we are looking for:
To be considered for this role you will hold the following qualifications/requirements:
• Medical Practitioner AHPRA Registration
• Medical Defence Insurance appropriate for employment in General Practice
• Familiarity with computerised medical records
• Australian Police Check Clearance
• Current Victorian Working with Children’s Check
• Full COVID-19 vaccination status
About the Clinic
Our Morwell clinic is based in the Latrobe Valley just 1 hour from the famous Mount Baw Baw. Morwell is an ideal location for an individual or family and is just under 2 hours from Melbourne, or if your more adventurous and enjoy hiking and getting amongst nature there is a national park within 20 minutes’ drive of the Morwell CBD.
Perks & Benefits
• Enjoy working within a leading community-based organisation and a supportive and friendly team
• Use of a modern and fully-equipped consulting room
• Free on-site parking
• Full-time Practice Manager, Registered Nurse, Administration and IT support
• Further your career working in an ISO 9001:2015 quality accredited entity, in a regional setting close to rivers, ocean and mountains
• Salary negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
• Professional development opportunities
Applications will be shortlisted as they are received
Please submit your application via seek For further information please contact Alysha Tilley on 5143 1644, or email firstname.lastname@example.org