Position Description available at: www.ramahyuck.org
Applicants are asked to apply on SEEK addressing the selection criteria and providing a resume.
Closing date: 24 July 2019
Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation (RDAC) was established as an Aboriginal Community Controlled organisation in 1992 to improve the social, health and economic outcomes for Aboriginal people. RDAC is a leading provider of primary health care and related social and family support services to Aboriginal people and communities across Gippsland. RDAC’s services are provided at the following locations: Sale, Morwell and Drouin. RDAC’s services include: general practice; health assessment and education; dental, audiology; chronic disease management; drug and alcohol counselling; child and family services; child and maternal health; home and community care; immunisation and vaccinations; social and emotional wellbeing support and counselling; allied health; client transport and corporate services; child care service and Aboriginal Best Start program.
The Family Restoration Case Worker is responsible for supporting the program in providing effective case support to families whilst in the Restoration House; and once exited the house for a period of 9 weeks post stay. This position will also offer professional support to Aboriginal families and their children that will strengthen their ability to care for their children and therefore support the children to remain in the care of their family.
The position will work in partnership with Child Protection (and other services where required), working with families to achieve case plan goals. The Family Restoration Case Worker will support families to meet case plan goals by promoting child safety, child development, increasing parenting capacity and family functioning.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and understanding of the local Aboriginal Community
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people, particularly Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Demonstrated ability to think broadly and holistically in relation to interventions with children and families and to effectively support this through case management practice
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, work independently, confidentially and cooperatively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated professional work ethic and superior time management skills