Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation (RDAC) was established as an Aboriginal Community Controlled organisation in 1992 to improve the social, health and economic outcomes for Aboriginal people. RDAC is a leading provider of primary health care and related social and family support services to Aboriginal people and communities across Gippsland. RDAC’s services are provided at the following locations: wellington Shire and Latrobe Valley. RDAC’s services include: general practice; health assessment and education; dental, audiology; chronic disease management; drug and alcohol counselling; child and family services; child and maternal health; home and community care; immunisation and vaccinations; social and emotional wellbeing support and counselling; allied health; client transport and corporate services; child care service and Aboriginal Best Start program
About the centre
Gunai Lidj Child Care Centre offers a culturally specific Long Day Care program, Before and After school program and a School Holiday program, we also offer monthly Maternal Health Visits and 2 to 3 Dental check ups throughout the year. These programs support the needs of parents and it offers developmentally appropriate programs for all the children at Gunai Lidj MACS. The philosophy at Gunai Lidj is to offer children and parents an environment that is safe, hygienic, stimulating, respectful and one that values the children’s individual differences.
Gunai Lidj provides a 25 place centre that operates 5 days a week from 8.30am to 5.00pm and has 3 operational rooms: Birth to 18 months old, catering for 4 children; 18 month to 3 year old room which caters for 6 and 8 children and the 3 to 5 year old room that caters for 11 children on a daily basis.
The centre operates in accordance with the Victorian Children’s Services Regulations 2010 and the Children’s Services Act 2011 and we are currently funded by the Department of Education and Training.
About the role
- Based in Morwell VIC 3840.
- Full time 38 hours per week
- Salary from 75K dependent on qualifications and experience + super
- Salary Packaging options – Increase your take home pay!
This position is responsible for supervising the operation of the Gunai Lidj Multifunctional Aboriginal Children’s Services- including rostering adequate staff, promotion of the centre and carrying out all safety and legislative requirements and ensuring all protocols and regulations are implemented.
Requirements for the role
- Minimum Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care with at least 2 year’s experience in an Early Childhood or Family Day Care environment
- Current Victorian Working With Children’s Check
- Satisfactory criminal history check
- Satisfactory pre employment drug & alcohol screening
What we offer
- Meaningful jobs that make a difference in our local community
- Company uniform, pool cars, mobile phones and IT equipment provided to relevant positions
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development opportunities
- Monthly accrued day off offered for full time employees
- Paid Christmas closure period
- Ramahyuck exclusive public holidays included in our Enterprise Agreement
- Attractive tax-free salary packaging benefit
- Supportive Employee Assistance program
- On site car parking
- Employee discount at our local Arts and Crafts shop
For further information only, please contact – email@example.com
Applications will be shortlisted as they are received
Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. therefore we require successful applicants to obtain a satisfactory criminal history check, satisfactory pre employment AOD test and an Employee Working with Children Check. we also require all Ramahyuck employees to have received a minimum of 3 doses of the COVID19 vaccination
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply