Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation (RDAC) was established as an Aboriginal Community Controlled organisation in 1992 to improve the social, health and economic outcomes for Aboriginal people. RDAC is a leading provider of primary health care and related social and family support services to Aboriginal people and communities across Gippsland. RDAC’s services are provided at the following locations: Sale, Morwell and Drouin. RDAC’s services include: general practice; health assessment and education; dental, audiology; chronic disease management; drug and alcohol counselling; child and family services; child and maternal health; home and community care; immunisation and vaccinations; social and emotional wellbeing support and counselling; allied health; client transport and corporate services; child care service and Aboriginal Best Start program.
The Family Lead Decision Making Community Convener is responsible for implementing and co-convening a culturally responsive model of family decision making with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people and families who are referred by the regional Child Protection Service.
The Family Lead Decision Making Community Convener is to engage with targeted families in the Aboriginal Family Decision Making (AFDM) Program within one-year period.
The Family Lead Decision Making Community Convener will co-convene meeting with Elders/Respected Persons and the Child Protection AFDM Convener.
Key Selection Criteria
- Certificate III (or above) in Welfare Studies or Diploma of Welfare Studies, or equivalent and relevant life experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and understanding of the local Aboriginal Community
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues of child safety and well-being and the role of Child Protection
- A proven ability to work respectfully with and empower children and families to achieve positive outcomes
- Demonstrated capacity to develop, plan, implement, manage and evaluate the program
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate positive outcomes within group environments, particularly where there are diverse perspectives in relation to complex and sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated experience in working within a multi-disciplinary team and the ability to work with either minimal direction, or cooperatively as part of the team
The Key Selection Criteria must be addressed for applications to be accepted
Closing date: Thursday 6th December 2018